![]() |
| Johann Wolfgang von Goethe |
I have to admit that I wasn't brought up very classy or ladylike. My weekends were spent roaming around in the old kampung...playing with muds...hunting centipedes and grasshoppers...so I wanted to make sure I am guiding Heidi the best way I can.
So I googled and I found Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
He's very famous for this quote: A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait.
So it is very very important to educate your child in the way of the 'fine' world. How it is very important to say your 'please', 'thank you' and 'my pleasure'.
I learnt them late but never too late...
Some other quotes of Goethe that I like...
As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.
Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then criticism will gradually yield to him.
Tell me with whom you associate, and I will tell you who you are.
What a man does not understand, he does not possess.
If you lay duties upon people and give them no rights, you must pay them well.
Generosity wins favour for every one, especially when it is accompanied by modesty.
When Nature begins to reveal her open secret to a man, he feels an irresistible longing for her worthiest interpreter, Art.

.jpg)





0 comments:
Post a Comment