The moment your bump becomes obvious or the moment the news is leaked, there will be well-meaning advises from everywhere around the world. Even strangers you bumped into at the lift will have advise for you...yes this statement is mentioned in pregnancy books and I've realised it is so true! I find myself giving advises to my preggie colleagues as well...ha!
I think I posted something like this before but heck...it is also true that your short-term memory storage has gone down a tad. (personally I think it is due to the lack of sleep and constant waking up in the middle of the night coupled with the fact that you no longer have the luxury of sleeping beyond 7am) Ok here goes my list...:
1) Get a good and trustworthy gynae.
Reason: if you are uncomfortable with the one you've sought, do not worry to try another. It is only when you are 3/5 months preggie will they encourage you to take a package. So shop around...find one thats pro-natural if you want a full natural delivery. Much credit is given to Dr WK Tan for calling off my epidural. Other ppl sure can't wait to pump that $900+ into your spine. (a nurse secretly told me that there are side effects to epidural but I heard different testimonies. Some mommies are ok, some claimed backache. But you will get a backache bending over your baby anyway...so just watch your posture no matter how)
2) Ask around for hand-me-downs.
Reason: There are always things that you will need for the first few weeks or so...you only need mittens for the first 16 weeks. Please take the bold step to learn how to trim your bb nails and don't keep them in mittens all the time. I've seen babies who seem more than 5 months old still in mittens! Reason is because one of the milestones is learning how to clutch and unclutch and pass things from right hand to left hand. We took off Heidi's mittens in time and she can self-soothe by sucking on her fingers and grabbing stuffs, passing from one hand to the other very soon. Why...she even will pass whatever she's holding to her right hand when we are trying to slip her sleeve into her left. Very clever. No one taught her. We just make sure we create the right learning circumstances for her.
3) Take note not to overstock on NB size pampers. We only bought 2 packs and Heidi started using S size very soon...but she's stuck on M size very long. So it all depends on your baby.
4) Read up everything on breastfeeding if you are determined to breastfeed. If you are determined, it can happen! Really! Especially with fenugreek(oral herb to boast your supply), ngor fish(I think its threadfin fish) have plenty of fish soup papaya and with the current powerful breast pumps in the market, even if your bb aren't cooperative, you can always count on your wonderful breast pump. Oh yah...and massage ladies...they can boast your supply with massage on your boobs. Damn painful but supply really go up.
Highly recommended breastpumps from my experience are: Medela's Pump N Style and Avent's Manual handpump (this is my life saver as it helped cleared block ducts)
hmm...meant to publish this back in 2010...but I simply forgot...so I am publishing now...nearly 4 yrs later but never too late...
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment