Support Wikipedia!

Support Wikipedia

Monday, December 03, 2007

Some wedding traditions...

1. Bride to carry a fan and toss it out the moment she got into the bridal car.
Rational: 嫁出去的daughter就别回来。。。

2. Family member to pick the fan and bring it home.
Rational: Pick back means 有来有往。

My parents knew about this practise but forgot about it until I learnt about it from the auntie at the GDL item shop. My dad got really anxious about the fan thingy and kept reminding me to get it. I got a nice pink phoenix fan just for this and packed it into my suitcase immediately.

Our taiwanese producer told me that they followed this tradition in Taiwan as well. It is very meaningful.

Then my buddy, Yeh told me that he had been busy doing a documentary on the details of the Chinese traditional wedding! I am pretty interested to catch it on TV. Gotta get the telecast details from Yeh!


A lot of details are lost over time...along with all the rationale of the practises. Both parents kept mum about the tradition...either they don't want to stress us or they simply just don't remember. I hope to piece back all the practises and help all the BTBs to understand and appreciate their own wedding better.

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers