Support Wikipedia!

Support Wikipedia

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Our V-Day 2008

My darling's birthday falls on 15th Feb. Just a day AFTER Valentine's day. I felt very happy because...1) Not only do I get to save on just one gift for him...2)I also get to plan what we do for V-day/B-day and 3)This will also ensure that we get to celebrate (some men will make up nonsenses such as-laofu laoqi liao no need lah etc etc ...V-day is commercial tactic...over-hyped...waste money lah....etc etc)...and 4)Also ensure that he can do no wrong!

Means that I can chose where we celebrate! Being guy...he will NEVER be able to plan in advance and definitely NEVER heard of such a thing as "make a reservation"! Being a coordinator is in my blood and there is nothing I enjoyed more than planning in advance yet dealing with adhoc situation...yes my husband is a lucky man...

So we(or rather, I) decided to skip town on 14th Feb and catch CJ7 at heartland mall - Causeway Point

...to his credit...he really got me something on 14th Feb...

Something from Dollz Inc!

It's obviously a doll...

Welcome Winter!!! Isn't she a beauty???


And not so to his credit...I actually placed a pre-order with Dollz Inc for the doll...but still...he surprised me by going down to Orchard (while on his way to lunch with his colleagues) and getting the doll!!!

Happy...CJ7 is a so-so movie only...but I didn't have any high expectation for it in the first place anyway...but the cinema is really stuffy and I am not so sure if I want to go back there ever again.

Causeway point is SO crowded that there were long queues everywhere!!! Even Sakae Sushi! And even McDonald were packed!!! We had McDonald since my cravings never cease...

Then on 15th Feb...I've already made reservation for two (even before we left for Phuket) at Prive Restaurant! Thanks to HG for showing me the informations on ieatishoot.blogspot.com

I was still trying to decide where to celebrate my Dar-dar's bday when HG sent me the link...so its to Prive we go!!!

His bday present - a bouquet of pink roses...

Actually I was pissing mad by the time I meet up with Kelvin at Harbourfront. He was supposed to WAIT FOR ME at Outram!!! But he was in a mad rush to get out of work and sped all the way to Harbourfront liao! I was still on my way to Outram when his sms came...

F*&K!!! I have to carry the bouquet all by myself all the way from Tampines to Harbourfront! He was supposed to carry for all to see from Outram to Harbourfront one!!! Anyway...I've given him a sound thrashing before proceeding to the restaurant.

He has to pose with the flowers before we made the long walk into Keppel Marina.

It sure was a long walk in...

Admiring the sea view...

This yacht looked quite cool...

We soon found our way into Prive and was lead by the very professional team of staff to our reserved table.

The table was big enough for our food and the bouquet.

Complimentaries: Corn bread and Australian fried mussels..


Finally our food arrived...

Starter: Oyster in oxtail sauce

Shiok and fresh...


My main course: Grilled Double Lamb shank


Kelvin's main course: Grilled dunno what steak
The staffs at Prive are really really friendly...not too overbearing...and the ambience was great! The red wine I had was very nice too. Easy drinking and not siap siap kind...

When we cleared our main course...one of the captain came over to ask if we wanted any desserts and I happily told them its Kelvin's birthday!!! *I pulled the same stunt at Fullerton last year...*

Kelvin's complimentary Bday cake!!!


Happy Birthday, my dear Husband!!!

Okay...so what if I engineered this whole celebration thing and end up paying for everything with my supplementary card? The most important thing is that...we have each other and we had a great time! Right? Right?

Oh and one more thing to note...after our dinner, we tried to get a cab home. But all the cabs who send passengers in...REFUSED to pick us up! It's 9pm + wor...then we have to call for cab and pay $3.50 more to get home. It's ok since we are in a great mood...but if you wanna go Prive...either you drive or get someone who drives...

Another thing to note...contrary to some perception...the restaurant is not EMPTY. Just that the particular lens that I used...Sigma 30mm F1.4...created the blurry background effect...

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers