Support Wikipedia!

Support Wikipedia

Friday, March 19, 2010

To breastfeed or not

Some mommies felt down that they didn't breastfeed their babies. I personally almost fall into that category. Feeling down, self-pity, sad and useless...I need constant assurance from my patient husband that we are doing it right. Baby is eating well, sleeping well. Our baby is cute, adorable and so lovable.

My network of friends also assured me that I must take care of myself first and enjoy this special moment with my baby before its gone. True enough, Heidi will be 1 month old next week. Haizz...but I still need constant perks and I found this article useful...

From: http://workingmoms.about.com/od/todaysworkingmoms/a/pumpingtips_3.htm

Don't Exhaust Yourself

The saddest thing you could do in a quest to extend breastfeeding would be to become obsessed with your milk supply and miserable. Give yourself a break.

Maybe you end up supplementing with formula. It's a perfectly healthy way to feed your child. Any amount of breast milk you're able to make is better than nothing, and will give your baby wonderful nutrition and immunity protections.

In the end, how much milk you pump doesn't determine your worth as a mother. Your child will be better off with you as a happy, responsive, loving mother than the world's most productive wet nurse.

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers