When I realised that my SIL might be planning a 2nd child soon, I know I better make plans for Heidi in childcare. My initial plan was to drag till Heidi's 3 yrs old before packing her off to St James Church Kindergarten's pre-nursery. However, a recent event from my SIL made me realised that I need to place Heidi in a childcare as soon as she can walk! Ok not that soon since infact care is like 30% more expensive than toddler care!
And the many other incidents that made me see the need to place Heidi in a childcare soon...
1) My SIL might have a 2nd child soon.
2) Heidi is rather hyper and need a lot of stimuli. My in-laws can't catch up with her.
3) My niece took out her frustration on Heidi this morning when she refused to ask Kelvin properly to transfer the walker into a car and he thus refused to help her.
4) I am concerned that Heidi will pick up rubbish from her cousin.
So I finally went for a tour at Learning Vision @CBP just now. I am pleased with what I saw. For starters, the colorful toys of quality. They looked like what I would have bought for Heidi too. I am specially particular about the toys in Heidi's collection...
Next, the children (most of em) were smiling at me and waving at me...so happy wor! Such confident, happy kids...and what's most happy was to hear them requesting for more bread! Happy kids with a hearty appetite and not paiseh to request for 2nd helpings!? I am delighted!
Then the temperature of the place seems ok to me...the infant area is nice. The playground seems ok...passable...but what's really impressive are their arts and crafts. Very nice intricate artworks all over the place. (not very sure how old are the kids who did them) But I am sold!
So I sat down with the principal and we did some calculations...my ol' my...Heidi's ready for childcare by September! How come it still seems to me that I just popped her out yesterday???
Anyway...I've decided. So the date is set. I felt good. But one thing I don't feel good about is how easily I've filled up Heidi's religion as buddhist. She's to be a christian! But I am leaving that to God. Daddy, all I can do is sing of Your love to my darling blessing from You.
My gawd...I nearly cried just now when I see all the little red bumps of mozzie bites on Heidi's back and tummy. How did they get there? My SIL said they are night bites. My MIL said she saw them when she was bathing Heidi. My thoughts: My SIL is nonsense. My MIL should apply the organic cream I have for mozzie bites and I don't think the bites occurred while we were sleeping. I think it happened when Heidi was kept stationary in her walker beside my chanting FIL while my MIL rushed to send my niece to childcare. Again it beats me why my SIL can't send her own child to childcare.
Haiz...Daddy daddy I can only count on You. I am not being accusatory or what. I just want to know where and when it happened so we can be more wary and check if there are breeding grounds in the house. I suspected the alter because there are many potted plants there. I don't suspect our room because both me and Kelvin are fine and I was jagar-ing Heidi all night. Making sure her tum-tum isn't exposed...gave her water, applied vicks, changed her diaper...anything I can to make her more comfortable. You tell me lah...mozzie got chance bo? I don't want to argue with them...I didn't say anything. I only let my MIL know that it's no use squeezing in 1 more milk feed to fatten up Heidi because once her body absorbed enough, the rest will be passed out. I don't want to argue with her liao...beats me how did she squeeze in 1 more milk feed without compromising her nap or porridge feed...which according to my MIL was unaffected. As if...I know she's lying...haiya...I just look forward to my time alone with my baby.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment