Support Wikipedia!

Support Wikipedia

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Happy 29 month, Heidi!...well almost...

Last sat, I painted Heidi's nails for fun. She didn't like it when we took the OPI tester and painted it on her left index finger. But this time, she asked for them. And the thing Heidi learnt about her momma is...once you asked for something, this momma will never let you back out of the deal easily. Unless you put up a fierce fight or something...

So I painted all 10 of her fingernails before she had the chance to change her mind. Haphazardly...note: I have to be fast before she changes her mind.

Conflicting emotions fled through Heidi's face when I am done. Part of her regretted her request and part of her thinks the color is sweet until we encouraged her and told her to go show it off to her granny whos usually very obliging.

Old pic...taken on my birthday this year.
Heidi had brought many many joys to our lives and I feel happier now that she's older, sleeps through the night (not counting last night where she woke up all frustrated and covered with sweat and kicked angrily at her blanket. All that venting out woke me and I have to bribe her to go back to sleep with 180oz of milk. Admittedly the night is rather warm and one of her parents still covered her up with her blanket)

Dramatic flu episodes are all a thing of the past now that any hicks or hiaks are made manageable with Sambucol. Hip hip hooray!!!

She's astonished us with how much she has learnt...she can count (recite rather) from 1 to 20...sing her ABCs and draw circles and triangles. My hub now fretted about the fact that she don't really recognise the alphabets and I have to roll my eyes at his decree that I worked on her recognizing them. (yes...men! say only...not really doing unless you forced them into a corner and take away their Android gadgets)

What really amazed me though...is Heidi's appreciation for Saturday Night Live and  ability in repeating clearly new words that we teach her. I better watch what I say...

Of course there are bad days where I just wanna lock her in a cupboard and give her some bread and water...but its been pretty good. Coming to 29 months and many more happy months to come!

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers