Support Wikipedia!

Support Wikipedia

Saturday, October 13, 2012

My priorities for my kid

According to my PD, when 2 parents who has no allergies come together, their kid will have some allergies. So if you think your child don't have allergies...think again.

All that sniffling and cough might all be just a case of...allergies.

I am really thankful for the wisdom of our PD and I've learnt so many things from her. Sticking to HA products - milk powder, baby bath and lotion and etc...I now know and accept that Heidi has a sensitive nose just like me and Kelvin.

An accidental whiff of citronella (my favorite scent by the way), got me sneezing rapidly for like 50 times after that. Something as simple as a dust bunny can set me off...or something as uncontrollable as...the climate.

I have no problem when Heidi get a sniffle and cough...but I have problems with her fever episodes. Her fever can last between 5-7 days at anytime. I am not sure if my in-laws are right...that its something wrong I ate during my pregnancy...yes yes...blame it all on the mother...or we are not treating her fever smart enough.

So I read up on fever as much as I can and broaden my understandings...these are my findings:
1. No shower (mil is right on this. cos everytime I thought the battle won and gave Heidi a shower, the fever came on almost immediately...even higher.)
2. Administer paracentamol if temperature is above 37.5 (if below, keep monitoring but encourage your child to drink more water) The body sometimes generate a higher temperature to burn off bacteria and kills off weak cells (which is essential for the body to grow and prosper). If you interfere too early, you will only send the wrong signal to the body to turn up the temperature even more! Thus resulting in an higher fever.
3. Your child might reject a fever patch at a younger age...but if older, you can try again. Heidi rejected the patch between 1-2 yr old. But recently she will let me put one on as she felt that it looked pretty cool.
4. Traditional method such as rubbing a peeled hardboiled egg, or plain flour with water...(target forehead, chest and back) works too.
5. Contrary to what my mil believe, I don't believe in administrating paracentamol 6-hrly with or without fever. Please refer to point 2.

However, all of the 5 points stated are only external help that worried parents can watch out for. Gosh...this sounds like an advertorial but its not...I found Sambucol for kids.

Nowadays Heidi's fever? 1-1.5 days and thats it with a daily intake of 5ml of Sambucol. Coupled with chinese TCM to fix any flu. Her body are definitely stronger now that she's older. I highly recommend sambucol to any parents with a sensitive child like mine.

It's a elderberry extract discovered by a Israeli scientist (just the source convinced me that God has a hand in this). Its a efficient immune booster and rich source of Vit C. Our bodies do no retain Vit C. That is why it is good to have a good source of Vit C daily.

And thanks to Sambucol, now that my child is stronger, I can plan for more lung strengthening outings such as:
1. Bubble blowing! All that blowing, trains the lungs.
2. Visits to the library! Borrow a song and dance DVD. All that singing and moving....helps!
3. Fresh air and plenty of sun at the beach or at the park.
4. And if weather permits and ur child loves a dip...go for a swim!
5. Last but not least...plenty of fun and laughter...laughing pleases God and strengthens your lungs.

God loves a twinkling laughter...and now I know why. Every sparkle of laughter from Heidi goes straight to the chest of pride and joy in my heart.

By the way...this post marks Heidi's 31 month's entry...

Heidi suddenly lost her fear of water/pool and made a new friend...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers