When Disney Frozen was first released in the theaters in Singapore, I wasted no time in bringing Heidi for the movie. And true enough, the movie did not disappoint and Heidi was then mature enough to pay attention throughout the movie.
She was infatuated with becoming Elsa and sung the lovely song "Let it go" whole day long, memorizing the lyrics and acting and singing along.
So infatuated that I've decided to chunk the Play-doh Candy machine and bought her the Mattel Elsa and Anna dolls from ToySRus as Christmas presents instead.
The dolls are lovely and detailed enough...
![]() |
| Elsa & Anna dolls images from website. |
So before Christmas actually arrive, and not very sure if we will meet Tilly by then, it so happened that they were at our place...so I asked Heidi to pass the wrapped up Elsa to Tilly. (Note that at this point, Heidi do not know that it is a Elsa doll, and she didn't know that we got her Anna & Elsa dolls as well)
I thought Tilly's mom will bring the present home since she usually send the kids to school with my MIL and then she will head home. I didn't count on the fact that she didn't remember to take the present home and neither did I anticipated that Tilly and family has no regards for boxing day and will tear open the present immediately after school, in front of Heidi.
We didn't reach home in time. Heidi was heart-broken and fought for the doll the only way she know how...cried terribly...
Imagine my shock when she was playing with the Elsa doll when we reached home...she told me a tale...that Tilly didn't like the doll...my FIL passed a snide remark that Heidi lied...
I asked Heidi what happened...she went quiet...but I think I already knew...
I gave her a good dressing down about taking back presents and I made her lead the way to Tilly's house and return the doll. (They stayed only next block).
Heidi was crying all the way...but she gave up the doll willingly...knowing she was in the wrong...
So...we had no choice but to give her her Christmas presents earlier...she was happy again. Moments like this made me wished I was home earlier and she wouldn't have to go through all those heart pains...but I guess I can't be shielding her forever. She has to learn...bit by bit...and it wouldn't do with me helicoptering around all the time...
I am thankful to God for blessing me and Kelvin with such a wonderful and understanding, sweet child...
But meanwhile, preventive measures:
1) To give Heidi her present first before giving Tilly's.
2) Involve Heidi in present selection and present wrapping.







0 comments:
Post a Comment