I've always admired and adored Neil Gaiman. Just his name alone will put a smile to my face. I am so glad for social media because Neil Gaiman is SO active on it. He blogs, he Facebook...and most importantly...he updates them very very regularly!
His quotes and his speeches are so...quote-worthy! So inspiring and selfless. All but 1 ultimate aim...for you to feel better about yourself. And when you felt better about yourself, you will start to feel better for other people and start caring for the world. :)
Ultimately, you will have to make peace with that inner green-eyed monster in you and start looking for the good in other people. People change and so will you. And the world can only get better this way. Starts from you...yourself...
Here's an excerpt of Neil Gaiman's interview with Stephen King, who is another inspiring author.
“I think the most important thing I learned from Stephen King I learned as a teenager, reading King's book of essays on horror and on writing, Danse Macabre. In there he points out that if you just write a page a day, just 300 words, at the end of a year you'd have a novel. It was immensely reassuring - suddenly something huge and impossible became strangely easy. As an adult, it's how I've written books I haven't had the time to write, like my children's novel Coraline.”
Full article here.
http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2012/04/popular-writers-stephen-king-interview.html
Wednesday, February 05, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment