Today's a great day. My parents and sis came back in time and we hurriedly rush to Toa Payoh.
Late. Kelvin were just getting out of the car with his 'mei po' and sister...we rushed upstairs...everything was in a frenzy...
Tie red ribbon to the ribena...then the groom's side came in with the cakes, pig trotters and oranges and the dragon phoenix candles. We are also not sure about how the customs goes on our side and we just frantically place everything on the alter then let the groom side take back the stuffs I prepared (basin + pants for groom + bedsheets + tea set + all the GDL items) and 2 boxes of cakes, 2 cans of pig trotters and 2 oranges, the 2 ribenas we prepared and one pair of dragon phoenix candles back.
Pingjing were given and my parents too some amount out and put back some amount. Return to them. Pass ang bao to mei po...my mom start to panic at this point as she don't have a spare ang bao for the sister...
We all told her no need lah...so Kelvin went down with his 'mei po' and sister to load the stuffs onto his father's car and I sat down in relief...
Was pondering on the...ludicrousness of the entire affair when my uncle said we took back the wrong candles!
Groom side should take back 2 phoenix while the bride should take back 2 dragon!
WAHHAAHHH...faster make my cousin drives us all the way from Toa Payoh to Bukit Panjang to exchange the candles then back again...
Phew...finally all that is over...
I opened some of the cakes and within 4 boxes were cleared within minutes...what with all the little kids and adults...none of the swiss roll or cream tarts were spared! I think I made the right choice with Pine Garden! The cakes looked great and I took a lot of pics...will upload tomorrow...
Now I need to rest...
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment