Support Wikipedia!

Support Wikipedia

Friday, November 16, 2007

Super lucky Gal

Oh yes! Oh yes!!!

I AM A SUPER LUCKY GAL TODAY!

  1. I managed to contact our wedding favor vendor directly. Both side(vendor and hotel) agreed to let me view other options within their budget.
  2. Daddy bought 12 cans of pig's trotters for our GDL on hubby's behalf! Woohoo!!!
  3. FREE TIXs to "Beowulf"!!!
This item 3 is extremely lucky because just yesterday, I was trying frantically to book Beowulf cos my dar-dar wants to watch. Somehow or other...Cathay booking got problem doing the transaction with my VISA! Hiaz...so I gave up and was thinking we can buy the tickets when we are at the cinema.

Then SiauYene msn me..."wanna watch Beowulf?"

Waliao...free tix...got 2 somemore...ONZ! So we happy happy went for the movie...in 4K digital somemore....omg...can't believe my luck! And our seats were great...middle of the middle of the entire cinema. That also mean we wouldn't get to go for toilet break but it's totally fine with me. I can ren! So we sat and wait...suddenly the show start right in the middle of a giant smashing everyone up...

"BOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!"

The crowd jeered!!!

The Cathay gal came out to apologize and said they will reset the movie and show us the beginning. 10 min...20min...30mins....nothing!???

Gal came out again to apologize. Apparently they have problem playing the digital format and will have to revert to the 38mm film. On top of that, we can use our ticket stubs to exchange for free tix on other days for other movies(of our choice)!

Another 20 min later and the show started rolling...

1 free tix for 2 movies!!! WOOHOOO....are we not lucky? Are we not super kuoi tio sai???

Though you can say the rest of the cinema also get free movie...so??? not all of them got free tix like me. Not all of them managed to buy pig's trotters like I did within 3 days of my GDL and definitely not all of them are getting married to the most wonderful man on the surface of the earth in 12 days time. WAHAHAHAHAhahahaha...

We are going to catch Star Dust with our free tix! Another Neil Gaiman movie! Just like Beo-wulf.

Verdict: Beowulf's a great movie...despite the fact that I kinda hate those CG movies where they sorta re-create humankind. So far I've skipped Fantasy Within, Polar Express and...Beowulf was a mistake...I ain't aware that its a CG trying to be real thingy...but no regrets here. The story is great. The casting is good...though I will very much love to see a real actors version. Anthony Hopkins, Robin Wright Penn and Angelina Jolie. But I suppose the director, Robert Zemeckis (of Back to the Future fame), will not be able to achieve those camera works in the show. Those totally impossible to create in real-life.

I am so excited about Star Dust tomorrow...then after that we will be going to watch Freedom Project by Otomo Katsuhiro(creator of Steamboy & Akira) during Animation Nation! Hip Hip Hurray! All my 精神粮食 for inspirations, imaginations and story. Always craving for good stories...

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers