Support Wikipedia!

Support Wikipedia

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Crazy day at work

I nearly snapped at work today.

Why???

1) HR left a x-ray of my designer on my desk for me to pass to her. WHY ME? I am not HR and the designer is no longer located in the next building. Super duper pissed!

2) Admin tried to force 8 dustbins on me to distribute in the Edit Suites? WHY ME? I am not ADMIN and I don't want no stupid looking dustbins in my suites (so what if they are from IKEA? Knowing them, I think they just use the dustbins as an excuse to shop and lunch at IKEA)

Me: NO! I don't want them to see the bin and think they can eat and throw in the suites!
Office manager: But paper leh? They got to throw paper one.
Me: NO! They don't need papers when they are editing and they can always use my bin and save the cleaner auntie trouble!

Clearly I have the upper hand...but my OM tried to force the bins at me on every turn and I dodged and run and exclaimed to anyone unfortunate enough to listen that its not my job to distribute bins! Until in the end, they gave up and distribute the bins themselves...but strangely I felt no victory...

3) My editor came to me and told me some of those editing suites were locked up!
I 三魂lose七魄 at that point...

LOCKED BY WHO??? First thing I did was to tug out all the unlock suites' keys before anyone can lock them up again! And the suites were not complete in their technical set-up!!!

I even charged to the producers and check if they were playing prank on me...in the end...it was the ah-neh workers who locked the suites and as they were frantically finding the keys to unlock the suites...I BEGGED them not to do this again!!! Don't do this to me again!!!

4) I tried to fax the commercial list to my editor at Telepark but the fax machine failed to work. I screamed for Sumimi to help and he asked me "Do I look like a fax machine?"

But a kind HK IT officer heard my screams and came to help..."You have to press 9 first..."

5) ISDN set-up still not complete and I have to rush to Bishan...dilemma...our TWN recording studio chose to shift office at the same time as us...argghh...

6) Not to forget the wave of panic among the producers who were afraid that we can't run successfully tomorrow! Whole day long I was flooded by questions...

Me: Who said we can't run tomorrow??? WHO???

Silence....

Me (making a grand exit) : Don't worry lah...if there's a problem, we will let you know....

7) My new dymo printer giving me a shitty time and my editor had thrown away the box and I didn't stop him and theres no way we can ask for an exchange now. We are FUCKED!

8) The new courier guy left no boxes for the librarians to leave the tapes in.

9) Receptionist allowed a producer to take the courier box from her and asked me to go get the box back. ME!? Do I look like a corgi or a chinchilla??? GO GET IT YOURSELF!!!

10) Nesbit not up yet how? USE VISION! VISION not up yet how? Use ADAM!!!

In between there were some minor issues that's not worth mentioning but I guess this basically sums up my screwed up day...

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers