Support Wikipedia!

Support Wikipedia

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 6 and day 6.5 of shush pat

Last night was fairly easy. I took out the twilight ladybug, turned off the lights and showed Heidi the projected constellations. She was giggling in her cot which I mistook for sounds of fear. I then took her out and insisted Heidi lay down next to me to look at the projection.

She was soon bored and kept attacking the ladybug by chewing at its limbs. I turned off the ladybug, kept it out of her reach and placed Heidi back into her cot to shush-pat. She fall asleep almost immediately! WAHhh...its working its working!!!

But I can't tell if Heidi is exhausted from 2 outings earlier in the day, or from rolling about in the cot for a while, or made sleepy by the twilight ladybug(even I felt sleepy after looking at all the stars).

Today? All sleep training gone out of the window. Heidi seems to finally figured out what I was up to and will pull out her finger whenever I placed her into her cot. Went on for about half an hr before I realised she probably is hungry. (I didn't know cos she had porridge, can't guage how much ounce that was) After feeding her another 160ml of milk, she still stubbornly refuse to cooperate and will pull out her soothing tool aka index finger whenever I placed her into her cot. (the plucking of her finger from her mouth is an ingenious move! Throws herself from eyes half close to wide awake)

Then, feeling hungry myself, I passed her to my MIL and took my time to finish my lunch.

After lunch, the battle continues...she still wouldn't cooperate until I realised she is already getting overtired. So I let her doze off in my arms...soundly...before I can finally dump her into her cot (I can imagine Tracy Hogg shaking her head as she watches from heaven). But I am exhausted. Even more tiring than my training for track & field...the exhaustion and endurance of physical strength is comparable to...wakeboarding. No joke. Try lifting and putting down a near 8kg baby, who pulls away from you from time to time in midst of her attempts to craw out your eyeballs...

And all that for just a BLOODY NAP!

How did she get to sleep just now? In her Nainai's loving arms until I am done with my chores. (Her nainai requested to lah. No biggie missing 1 training session.) But because she didn't soothe herself to sleep, I noticed she stirred from her sleep like 2-3 times. So I just pat pat her, leave my hand on her chest and watched on as she soothe herself back to sleep.

Maybe this time I can finally wakeboard with only 1 arm...

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers