3rd visit to the PD today. For the month of Oct! And to think that the PD and us agreed we don't have to see her in Oct because we can combine the next vaccination and 9th month check up in Nov. Haiz...
What happened was like this...a week after Heidi got her last Hexa and Rota, she was fine! Then suddenly she got fever...cough + running nose (its a package by the way). Having wisen up from her previous nebulising episode, we brought her to the PD the next day. All was good...she was on the route to recovery when suddenly her jiejie aka 3 decided to join in the fun and have fever + cough + running nose as well. As it happens, some green eye monsters at work complaint that I was taking too much (maternity) leave and so I have to be at work a bit more...arrgghh...
My in-laws worked hard to keep the 2 at bay but alas...just when we thought we can taper off all the medicines from Heidi, her nose started running again. Fever came in the middle of the night. So off to the PD we go again....Heidi's fine, changed a running nose syrup and she was back home. We fed her the running nose syrup for 2 days when on the 3rd day, cough came again...so back to running nose syrup + Ivy Leaf Extract....by the 5th day, I realised that the stupid Ivy Leaf Extract ain't working and I throw in the ventolin. She seems better but we still bring her to the PD today. 3rd visit today...medications are running low...
I was right to be paranoid. There's phlegm in her chest when previously it was clear. Doc prescribed a new cough syrup, ventolin and the first running nose syrup we got. I am hopeful that this is the last of it. Told my MIL not to skip anything this time...for 3 days at least...give her the entire package of med. I know she meant well but tapering off too early too soon means we will qian gong jing qi...
My only consolation is that I know Abba is watching. He will not let us suffer. I know Heidi will grow up to be a strong child and don't fall sick. I've gotten into better habits just cos of all these...sterilising stuffs for Heidi more diligently and changing her bed sheets more often...I've even started to bring her out for early morning strolls for the fresh air and healthy sunlight. :)
Can't wait to bring her swimming when she's all better. :)
I am working hard at being strong myself too. It pains me to see my baby suffering but I know she is strong and I have to be even stronger for her. And I know I can be strong becos God is my strength and my fortress.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment