Support Wikipedia!

Support Wikipedia

Friday, January 07, 2011

Weird happenings 2011

Okay...like any proud mother...I know I am one...I just can't stop gushing about Heidi at every opportunity!!! But I do check out if the person listening to me is bored or not...I do have awareness that there are people out there who don't like kids...

Enough about Heidi already. This entry is gonna be just about me...and what already happened to me in 2011.

1) After force quitting my lappy, I couldn't get online anymore as the motherboard can't detect the airport card! WTH!!! My hub, aka mac guru, tried diagnosing, solving, testing...everything is FINE! But I still can't get online! So he bought me a wifi usb connector to get back on. It's 5 times smaller than the portable Singnet USB modemn for sure.

2) I received a friend request from FB a few days ago. I check the profile of the requester and it seems that she is a young mother like me. So I accepted, thinking it could be one of the mothers from the forum but then again...there's no mutual friend between the 2 of us. So I accepted her and begin kay-pohing around her FB. Thoughts begin to fill my head as I analyzed this person...
"Ohh...she's born in 1990. Young gal..."
"So young become mother wah...hope she not stressed..."
"Her baby very ang moh hor...wonder how does the father look like..."
"Aye...her fiance also chinese leh..."
"OMG...don't tell me she kanna played by ang moh then chinese guy sacrifice...wei da wei da..."

So I decided to drop her a FB msg out of friendliness and kaypoh-ness...then I continue to check out her photos...
"Aiyoh her baby really cute...so doll-like..."
"Wah she bought so many clothes for her baby boy..."
"Wahh...her baby's eyelashes are so long..."
"...her baby eyes didn't close at all in all the photos..."
"aye...her baby's position seems to be the same in all the photos..."
"Skin quite shiny...Oh MY..."

The gal actually replied my FB msg but she made no mention that HER baby is a doll! I freaked out! If she had come clean and said...ohh...that's just a doll I ordered from UK or something...I will be perfectly fine! ...I can't get the baby doll out of my head so I did some google and...Wah liao...its like opening another can of worms...


They are known as REBORN baby dolls...

Some of the moulds are so life-like that you have to have a really good eye to spot if its a real baby or a reborn baby. (there was a quiz online I found and I got all of the answers correct. I have a good eye...being a doll collector myself) Then as I was going through all those images of the reborn babies (collectors collect reborn babies for various reasons. Some due to dealing with losses. Others...probably loves babies but don't want the hassle of a real one? Whatever it is...some extremist gave their reborns a real nursery, real change of clothes, bring them out for walks in strollers and even check on them at night in between their sleep...isn't that scary?)

Oh then as I was going through those photos and missing Heidi's baby stage (at 10 months, she's a vast different from when she was 3 months old) I started to wonder if I can get a sculptor and do a Heidi mould...then I got freaked out by myself for possessing that crazy thought and then got even more scared that someone who find my baby cute will do that...OPPS! So I faster unfriend that gal...so scary...(I better tighten security on how i leak Heidi's photos)

3) I was late for lunch on thursday and thus was even later to return to work. So I caught a cab and this cabbie started telling me about how he owed 2 restaurants in Msia, then his wife committed adultery with another man and swindled money from his business. Thus he wind up his business there and came back to Singapore as cabbie. Then he was telling me that he don't want to marry malay again and for his 2nd marriage, he want to try chinese or indian gal. Then he turned around and looked at me full in the face to check me out. I know those looks... -_- ...so I told him I am married and I have a daughter....that zipped him for good...

It's only like day 16 of the new year and I've bumped into such strange and mysterious incidents. On a lighter note, I am excited that this new year already promises interesting and new things that I find amusing.

My next challenge, securing a good/cheap...ok affordable/venue cum buffet place for Heidi's 1st yr birthday. Praying hard....

0 comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers